Friday, 7 March 2014

Round we go

I finished adding the first pieced border to the Museum Medallion, I think it looks really good.  I've cut the strips for the next two borders - a thin striped border and a wider fabric border, I hope it won't be too long before they are added on and I will have another progress photo to show.


There are two more pieced borders to be made,  I thought I had another piece of the Moda Grunge fabric that I used for the background and in fact I have plenty just not the same shade :(  
rather than try and get more I will use what I have, I don't think it will matter as the two fabric borders will provide a bit of separation and after all it is a "scrap quilt".

7 comments:

  1. A cheery and delightful progression.
    Love all the colour choices....and those squares dancing around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Pip, your medallion is looking amazing. I had so much fun making mine, such a wonderful pattern. I can't wait to see more borders, your colour choices are awesome! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you didn't mention to your readers that you are doing this by hand, which explains why it is a masterpiece of precision. I love how you have included fabric of all genres.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks awesome Pip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this one and the colors you are using

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this very much Pip. I did smile at what you said at the end. Whilst adding a border to my latest quilt, I made a mistake and ended up having to add to skinny borders. I told my self the same thing :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)