Sunday, 9 March 2014

Just Takes too

long is now a quilt top ready for the quilting pile.

I started this quilt top in January 2012 and quickly fell behind making the weekly quota.  The original quilt has three more parts to it, but I'm more than happy with my effort. There was a fair bit of head scratching involved with this quilt, as some of my blocks weren't quite the correct size, I like a good jigsaw so I made a couple of extra filler blocks, played around with the layout a bit and managed to get it all lined up and finished.


I already have this backing fabric which I think is a good choice as I will be able to quilt in both red and white threads and not have to worry about how it looks from the back.

7 comments:

  1. PDG...Pip. Take a bow. Love the different reds....and the backing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Pip, another to tick off the list, Ahhh , I forgot , they are not finished 'til they are quilted. Get it basted, it can be Number one for the Sweet 16

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a great red/white quilt - what size is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect size quilt and I really like your choice of backing fabric ! Congrats on a great finish !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pip this is just gorgeous. I have always liked red and white and sampler quilts, but the different sizes you have used make this very special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work, Pip!! How clever to get them all to fit - playing with jigsaws has paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great quilt Pip. Love the different shades of red. Adds interest and I see more each time a look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)