and ready to move into the "To be quilted" pile. This quilt is all the swap blocks I received last year and this year. Some of the blocks were a little smaller than the 12.5" unfinished block specified so I spent a bit of time thinking about how I would get the sashings to fit. I looked through Gwen Marston's book Liberated Quiltmaking II for inspiration and noticed there were quite a few quilts that had no sashing at all and some that also had filler strips so I decided I would try that.
The top and bottom row are the blocks that are 12.5" and the two blocks on each side were all a little smaller so I pieced together more triangles to make filler strips and I think it has worked out quite well without too much agonising, I think the purple aboriginal dot used in the centre block will be great as the binding for this quilt.