Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Beginnings

of the next border, so far I like it.  I hadn't realised how many pieces of fabric I had stashed away in the box, most of it is from Barbara Brackman's Metropolitan Fair collection. The greens and greys were used in my Grandmother's Choice quilt, and I thought the reds, blues and browns would work well with the panel so I set them aside in the box.


I've made quite a few of the geese but not quite enough to finish the three remaining borders, so it will be back to the sweatshop production line today so I can churn out more geese.  I would like to finish this border off before Friday which will give me some time to think about the next one, maybe red fabric will feature next, maybe some applique, so many decisions to make.

5 comments:

  1. Those geese look wonderful! So much fun, to make up each border as you go, and see where it takes you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wonky galahs for this lovely medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only recently "discovered" medallion quilts and I am in love with them. I am very interested to follow your quilt and see what you do. My only stumbling block, is the math invloved to get every round to fit the last. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The geese really look wonderful as your next border!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking really good, great colors. I guess it is fun making those geese with your BlocLoc ruler. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive so I can do some geese border on my JustTakes2 houses.

    ReplyDelete