Sunday, 30 March 2014

Another border

is in the planning stage, I think this border will take a little while before it is completed.   I have seen a chain border on a couple of applique quilts and thought it would work here. There is a lot of preparation to be done before I can start stitching, and it doesn't help when the template is reversed, luckily I only did it the one time :)


Sorry about the wonky photo, I just threw everything up on the design wall and didn't check to see if it was straight or not.  You can get the general idea of this border, I will need to do a fair amount of tweaking to get the chain links all positioned evenly.  The border has been cut a little wider so that I can trim it back to the correct size once all the applique is done.  I also need to think about what is going to happen in the corners, ideally I would like to continue the chain so I'm thinking a loop of some sort will do the trick, but I'll work that out once I have all the elements in place.

5 comments:

  1. This is going to be a very interesting border when added. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been spying a few of these chain borders around and had been wondering how they are done. when you figure it out you could give me a private lesson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. is that a panel in the centre or did you applique it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very clever Pip. That border is looking good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)