Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Portsmouth Star

The first block of Barbara Brackman's free BOM - Threads of Memory appeared late Saturday night, I had decided that I would use my Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics for this BOM and the Philip Jacobs print Summer Tree proved to be quite useful in providing me with a bird for the centre block.

Portsmouth Star

One of Barbara's suggestions was to switch the block around to create a layered look, which I liked the look of, so that is what I did, it has made a really nice block.  I have enough left of the bird fabric or perhaps I should say I have enough birds left in the fabric that I can cut to use in future blocks.




I'm just so beautiful aren't I???

8 comments:

  1. Lovely block - and yes, he is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!
    Love your block. The chartreuse Aboriginal dots give a perfect zing. Cant wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect set in seams and fabric selection for a gorgeous layered block! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bad ... for a cat Cody. I love your BB block Pip, and here was i thinking i was being original planning to use some Kaffes for this BOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the block...it pops x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kitty is just gorgeous! The block looks great, I like the layered look too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block is beautiful and so is kitty! I am participating too and made my block with traditional civil war type fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pip, I love this block - looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)