Tuesday, 14 January 2014

I'm moving ...

this quilt on to the "To be Quilted" list.

The borders have been completed, they just need pressing and trimming, but that can wait for another day, it is just too hot in my work room, in hindsight I should have left the borders till next week, but I wanted to take it to a Show and Tell on Sunday.


.

In South Australia we are into our second day over 40°C/104°F,  tomorrow may be a bit cooler (by a degree or so) and the prediction for Thursday is 45­°C/113°F with a nice cool 38°C/100.4°F on the Friday.

When it is hot like this the best thing to do is stay inside to keep cool and drink lots of fluids, I usually park myself in front of the electric fan and read or watch tv and stitch.

9 comments:

  1. what a stunning statement that border makes, well done. Can't wait to see it on sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing my best to ignore the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that hint of yellow gold...makes it all sparkle.
    Sit in the bath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is gorgeous Pip! Love what you chose for the border. Stay cool...

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like our weather a couple summers ago - I like you spent time in the house with the A/C, fans and cool drinks - love how you finished off the border on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect border for your Amazing quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done getting your quilt to this stage. Looks fabulous! Border looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very interesting brief material, I have been looking for this know how. Just so you identify I located your website when I was finding for websites like my own, so please look at my website at any time and create me a brief review to let me know how you experience.
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great Pip! I am guessing you will get the cool change before we do.... ugh, I am sick of it already!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)