Friday, 17 January 2014

He looks like I feel ...

I took this photo of a koala in our neighbour's backyard yesterday, he has spent the last five days hanging out there where he has a good supply of water.  It has been well over 40°C/104°F the last few days and he looks as if he just slid down the tree trunk and couldn't be bothered moving any more.


I stayed in the cool and did a bit of applique, finishing up one Just Takes 2 block and  working on another that I had barely started when I lost interest in the whole project. (Just Takes 2 Long as it was called some quarters)  I have a few blocks left to make which will give me a quarter of the blocks required for the full size quilt, that will be enough for a 45" sized top and then I'll be calling it quits on that project.


I've also been trimming a few of these HST's which were my leaders and enders in my KGB swap,  I've been doing a few most days as my wrist gets sore when I do too much rotary cutting, the Bloc-Loc ruler was well worth the money spent, I don't know how I did without it, so simple to trim up the HST blocks accurately.


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great chuckle Pip...poor Kenny.
    Poor Adelaide...dont know how you can hold a thread at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't move out of the sewing room all day, coolest place in the house (or out of it). The change came through in great gusts and the temp dropped 8 degrees in 2 minutes. I didn't spy any birds in the garden today, they would have been roasted on the wing. Are you "cherry picking " the blocks you want to do or just completing one section? It will still make a nice small quilt and give you good FMQ practice. I have been using my bloc-loc flying geese ruler today, magic, we should have got the rectangular one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly has been hot for you. We had only one day of that temp a couple of weeks ago, and that was enough. Great that the koala found a place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the koala looks so cute :) are they nice animals or pest? I didn't realize they would be in someone's yard - I hope your heat goes away soon I know how that can be - last summer was ok here but the one before it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh bless him. I felt a similar urge to flop down, when I visited Thailand and the temps were 40'. When I reached home, it was -2' coming out of the airport. Down to earth with a bump (or a shiver).

    ReplyDelete
  6. poor little guy...I hope you all get a break from that heat soon!
    You are making lots of great progress on both of these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your koala photo is a classic. I think there are days I feel like even without it being a hot hot day.
    I need to get a bloc-loc ruler, I think. I've heard its virtues extolled in several places. Our big quilt show is this weekend--I hope to find it then!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. give that poor koala some water!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your description of the Koala. Great photo and thats just what it looks like. Lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)