Friday, 10 January 2014

Block Swap Post 3

This trio of blocks from the block swap are primarily in the green spectrum


This block was made by Lisa in Alabama,
Lisa designed this block on graph paper first,
 it looks similar to the + and x blocks that I made.


This 9 patch block was made by Sue,
 and came from Pennsylvania,
the green fabric is a Mayfair by KF for Liberty called Rice
 

this block was made by Vicki in Vancouver,
 I love the Roman Glass fabric in the corners,
and the shot cotton makes it a little bit different.



debz in knots (a no reply commenter) asked the following question:

" Your block swap is intriguing me . . . . . how does one find a swap to join?
Must I have a blog? "


It was just sheer luck that I saw a post asking for people interesting in doing a block swap on a Facebook group I belong to, it was my first ever block swap and the group has decided to keep going in one way or another, that is we may swap blocks or we may also make blocks and then show off our work to each other.

If you are in Australia Debz, you might want to check out Quilting Block Swaps Australia (click here)


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it lovely to get blocks from all over the world Pip. I was in a 2 1/2" square fabric swap in the year 2000. Everyone who was in it, sent 16 x 2 1/2" squares of different fabrics along with a signature square. I made the quilt and I love how it turned out. It is a memory quilt from all around the world, and along with the fabrics people sent a little letter about them selves. I have them all in a folder. The quilt was sashed using fabric that had the year 2000 written all over it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)