Friday, 3 January 2014

Block swap blocks post 1

Two of the blocks I received in a Facebook group block swap, the criteria was that the blocks were made from Kaffe Fassett Collective fabrics and was to be a 12" finished block.  The group had initially decided that each member could specify certain colours (e.g. autumn/fall tonings) but after several of us said we were open to any colours, it was changed to anything goes.  I did try to tailor my colour selections to each recipient's initial color choices to make it a bit easier when making the blocks.


This block above came from New Zealand and was made by Pippa, there are a couple of fabrics in this block that I have not seen before.  I actually met up with Pippa while I was in NZ for Christmas and she told me that she has been collecting Kaffe fabrics for a long time, sadly the ones I liked so much are not available any more :(


This block came from Jill in Pennsylvania and has more lovely fabric combinations, I would never have thought of using these colours together but they work so well, I really like the Guinea Flower fabric in this block and just may have to get myself some.




3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Pip, Hope you had a good time with your Family . The blocks are lovely, can't wait to see how you use them . I do wish , The "collective " would bring back some of the older prints, i have some of the Guinea Flower and can't bring myself to use it, once it is used it's gone .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swap group Pip. Sorry I wasn't here when you came to NZ. Sounds like you got your quilt fix anyway! Lol! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)