Friday, 27 December 2013

The blocks are finished and so am I ...

The last of the blocks for the Grandmother's Choice quilt were finished a couple of days ago, and I am quite pleased that I pushed myself to finish them all before the end of the year.


Some of the blocks are a bit imperfect but "finished is better than perfect"  in this case.  I'll wait till the new year and then I will start on the remainder of the sashing and cornerstones.  I was going to put a wide border on but I've had second thoughts about it and might try something different, perhaps a very thin pinstripe of the yellow fabric, I need to cogitate about it for a while.

4 comments:

  1. yeah another close to complete, this finishitis sure has you in its grip. Hope you are having a good break

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I am still finishing up my Civil War blocks, and then will move on to the Grandmother's Choice.
    What a fun way to make a quilt, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are beautiful ~ love the fabric and your fussy cutting, which makes a world of difference! As soon as I get through some end of the year paperwork, I can start on my finishitis ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on such an awesome finish Pip!
    I really LOVE all of these blocks!
    Your fabric colors and prints were so pretty and complimented your sewing skills wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)