Monday, 23 December 2013

Final finish for the year

I finished the binding on the hexie quilt a couple of weeks ago now, and then  decided to wash it which meant I had to wait for the weather to warm up so it would dry quickly.


When I took the quilt out of the machine I noticed there was some marks where one of the fabrics had bled, (I suspect the red binding) which I kind of expected as none of the fabrics in the quilt were washed (that I can recall)


I used a pink thread for some of the quilting and then switched to a variegated thread for the remainder, some of the lines are a bit organic but you don't really notice it.  I like the extra hexagon effect that you get with all the lines crossing each other.

one more Grandmother's Choice block 
Block 31 - Tinted Chains

7 comments:

  1. i am so happy for you finally finishing this Hexie quilt, It looks fabulous, the red binding works so well, as does the variegated quilting thread

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a good way to quilt a hexie quilt - I saw it on someone else's once and thought that is the way to do it if you do by machine. Why not just put your quilt in the dryer to dry instead of laying outside? I am just curious as I put mine in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish to your hexie quilt!
    Love your newest block too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely Pip. I love all he ie quilts. How big is it. I'm talking to you from Albany WA- :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely Pip. I love all he ie quilts. How big is it. I'm talking to you from Albany WA- :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely Pip. I love all he ie quilts. How big is it. I'm talking to you from Albany WA- :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hexie quilt is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)