Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Couple of blocks

I decided to get my Grandmother's Choice blocks out and see how many more blocks I need to make until completion.  The last time I worked on this quilt was way back in March, and the BOW was over the halfway point them.  Yesterday I printed off all the blocks and have started working my way through them.  I almost forgot that I was making 6" blocks but remembered before I had started printing.


Block 30 - Broad Arrow, pieced

The first block I made was an easy one, I didn't have to think very hard about it all, the next one was meant to be a Sunbonnet Sue which is an applique pattern that I am not very fond of so I substituted with a Sunbonnet Girl from the Blockbase software, she is not quite as I envisaged her but finished is better than perfect.


Block 36 - Sunbonnet Girls (BB940.8), 
combination of foundation paper pieced and applique

1 comment:

  1. you sure must have a serious case of "finishitis", hope its infectious

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)