Friday, 29 November 2013

Waste not, want not

While I've been making my blocks for the KGB swap I've been using my Kaffe Fassett scraps as leaders and enders, it has certainly cut down on thread wastage.  I had a lot of quite small scraps so they were trimmed them to the same size square and as I also had quite a few of triangle scraps from the trimmings of the x and + blocks I was able to make use of them also.


I pieced together a few of the squares with the possible aim of ending up with one large piece that I could perhaps make a skirt from.  The triangles are now half square triangle blocks and I'm slowly trimming them to 2 1/2" squares, at the moment I'm considering using them as the sashing for the blocks that I will receive in the block swap.


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very industrious. Maybe instead of a skirt those squares could be the centre of a new Medallion quilt, and the HST's one of the borders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and efficient use of your fabric scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely! I can't wait to see this skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, I love it when people use every little bit of fabric rather than tossing it out. I, too, use leaders and enders and don't know why anyone wouldn't!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)