Thursday, 14 November 2013

Some more quilts from the show ..

This quilt was made by my friend Sheila last year when she participated in the Craftsy Block of the Month 2012 (a free set of online classes) learning 10 different quilting techniques over the course of the year.  Sheila mostly used fabrics from her stash, and did all the machine quilting herself, I forgot to take close ups of the quilting, IMHO there is some really excellent quilting on this quilt.  I really love this quilt, I've been trying to figure out why I like it so much and I think it is the colour combination although green is not a colour that I am usually drawn to.


This is the finished Soul Searching quilt that I started and finished in November 2012  (must be a record)


This one is the completed Lines through the Uzbek (aka Uzbek Patches) I really enjoyed doing the quilting on this quilt, I have a little more quilting I still want to do on it.  This year at our quilt show we received quilt feedback sheets, the comments for this quilt under the workmanship  were:

 like the border, need to pay attention to preparation  

I understand the first comment, but I have no idea what the second one is referring to, it doesn't matter to me anyway, I like the quilt and in the end that is all that matters.


These two quilts are our challenge quilts, this year the theme was Water.  Sheila's entry is the top one and mine is the bottom one, it was quite nice that they were hung together.  I used my quilt as a bit of practise for my machine quilting on the Flower Garden, once I came up with the concept it didn't take very long to put together.


5 comments:

  1. "Preparation" ???
    Seriously?
    Unbelievably vibrant and gorgeous quilt, divine and such superb sewing... those shots can be such a B***er and you totally tamed them!
    Great photos and quilts, and Congratulations once again, 4 amazing finishes in one year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the quilts! I actually got the free class too just to look at it and I still haven't looked at it. I don't know what it is about me and classes - I just don't take the time to sit and watch. I like that second quilt you show a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw the thumbnail in Bloglovin and thought, "that looks a bit like my quilt" Then i realised it was, Haha! . I Still LOVE your Uzbek patches, What the judges mean't is anyones guess, i wouldn't lose any sleep over it. I too like that our water quilts were hung together, not bad for our first attempts at a "challenge"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilts... love them all... all for different reasons!

    As for the judges comment... what the heck does that mean? *puzzled look* Maybe the judge needs a lesson or three in writing understandable comments... *tsk tsk*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely quilts..............congrats

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)