Sunday, 10 November 2013

Flying High ...

my feet haven't touched the ground yet.  On Tuesday afternoon I received a phone call advising me that I had won an award at our Guild exhibition, I was so excited I nearly had palpitations :)   I hadn't planned to go to the show till Saturday as I (along with my friend Sheila) had volunteered to assist in the "Making a Quilt" demonstration, but as luck would have it another on-line quilt friend Salley was in Adelaide for the weekend and as she intended to visit the show on Thursday maybe we could catch up there.

I managed to talk Sheila into going along to the show on Thursday as well, so we met up at the front door before heading round to the quilt display.  We stopped briefly at the entrance to admire the Best in Show quilt by Michelle Hill (you can read a little more about it here) then walked to the end of the row and saw the red ribbon on my Flower Garden quilt, I spent the rest of the day on a high and still haven't come down yet.






16 comments:

  1. so well deserved Pip, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Pip, well deserved, your quilt is absolutely gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Pip, your beautiful quilt is so deserving of the red ribbon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations it looks fantastic well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Pip!!

    A wonderful achievement and a stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Pip, I was admiring your quilt, and went around a corner and there you were. Its just beautiful and a well deserved award.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so very proud of you and am still smiling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the well-deserved ribbon, Pip! This is a gorgeous quilt... ya done good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so glad you got an ribbon for that quilt!! you put a lot of work into that quilt.I saw Michelle's quilt on her blog - am I right to assume that is machine embroidery on her quilt? it is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well deserved! Congratulations Pip!!! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stay flying high!! It's a gorgeous quilt, and I'm so glad you won. It's really beautiful and I have an idea of how much work that took you. So float away, and come down later on (like when the beds need to be made or the dishes washed).

    So happy for you--
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Pip, that is so well deserved your Flower Garden is amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. A well deserved win I think. It is so beautiful. Congratulations, Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pip, we were all on a High... basking in your glory!
    It is a truly stunning quilt. Loved all your fabric choices and placements, and the quilting was breathtaking. Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a work of art! You have such vision with colours - well done, Pip!

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic news about your win, I'm sure you are still on that high!! Thanks for posting the photos of some of the other quilts, there's some quite amazing ones there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)