Sunday, 1 September 2013

Spring is sprung, the grass is ris,

I wonders where the birdies is ...

 the birdies are in the nesting box with their chick(s), this rainbow lorikeet has been in and out of the box all day long,and I can hear the chick calling for food, (at least it isn't a loud as a galah chick) sorry about the photo I took it with my iphone and it isn't one of my better efforts.


 In between quilting Flower Garden I've been making Lemon Meringue Pie, Croissants and Crumpets and of course eating them and very nice they were too.

I've completed the background quilting on 12 of the Flower Garden blocks now, which means I'm at the halfway point, of course I still have the borders and the outline quilting to do but I think I'm on target for finishing in time for the show.


I've also been sorting through the cupboards and the stash ready for next Saturday (7 September) when the Quilters Guild of South Australia is holding a Quilters Market (blatant plug here), there will be at least 20 tables of quilters produce (my friend Sheila and I have a table), I think it will be well worth a trip to grab some bargains.


It will be held at the Adelaide West Uniting Church, 312 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Brooklyn Park from 10am to 3pm.  Devonshire tea, brewed coffee and a sausage sizzle will be available.



8 comments:

  1. Wish I could come to the quilters market, it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came out with that... "Spring is sprung....." ditty this morning too! . ..and my kids thought I was a "fruit loop".
    SOOoo good to show them your blog's title. ...he he...
    Those croissants look amazing. Yum
    Quilt mkt definitely better than voting..have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing photos of your birds in Australia - so colorful-- and so different looking from ours here in the states. I have never made croissants -they are a lot of work aren't they - but love the taste! I know a quilter that makes chocolate croissants - they are tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't birds clever, to find the box and know exactly what to do with it. Tell the Mister he'll need to double their rations now there is a family to feed. I think you will easily make the deadline on the quilting . I am looking forward to the sale.. we will just have to be strong and not buy each others stock, there are a couple of things in that pic i might need to look closer at. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, yummy goodies!!! Quilter's market sound great! Well done on being half way through the quilt too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that lemon meringue pie looks just how my Mum used to make hers. Is the meringue just egg white and caster sugar and oven baked? I cannot bear how the cooking shows just torch the meringue with a blow torch - its not the same!

    Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is the best lemon meringue pie I have ever seen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn, it tasted pretty good as well, it didn't even last the evening out :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)