Sunday, 22 September 2013

One down ...

and one to go, now that the binding has been stitched down, Uzbek Patches is essentially finished, apart from the minor details like a hanging sleeve, labels, de-fluffing etc.


I will still continue doing some more quilting on it during the evenings, as it helps to keep me awake while we are watching tv and I feel that there are a few areas that need a little bit more quilting.

That leaves me with finishing off Flower Garden now, just thirty four days till quilt handover day, should be a doddle (I hope)

8 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing this one. Hope the other works smoothly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have time for the TV? . . . Get thee to the machine, and hurry!

    Love your Uzbek binding by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your stripy binding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done Pip, that must be a huge relief. Its a good way to handle this one... essentially finished , with room for tweaking. Is the hanging sleeve on this going to be detachable? You must have hexed me with your unpicking, i have done nothing but unpick , if things don't go right soon , i'll be withdrawing :-( Have you finished the blocks on FG yet ? Maybe you could do one border to give you an idea of how long it takes. They are certainly easier to move through you machine than the blocks..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the look of that hand quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Pip! And flower garden - you can do it!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a great finish! I am really loving the look of your hand quilting--wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh this looks lovely, I have this in kit form, you are inspiring me to get cracking on it.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)