Monday, 5 August 2013

Shaping up

I think the practice piece is shaping up quite well.






I've also finished a quilt, the blue fragment below is part of it (the quilt is a very petite one),  I made it for our Guild challenge, the theme this year is Water. 


While I'm waiting for Flower Garden to come back from basting, I've been making quilt labels and a list so I don't forget anything in the lead up to the show.  Entries close on 6 September, which is a month tomorrow and that means I have three months to finish two quilts, as the quilt show is early November, everything is calm for the moment.

7 comments:

  1. Your practice piece looks great!!! Yea!!!
    I am in the same boat, with quilts to finish for our quilt show in September and have a challenge quilt. I really like the 'Water' for yours. Nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats terrific progress Pip, on both projects. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your practice piece looks anything but Practice! pretty darn good I think - love those colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I particularity liked the water quilt, so textural. Pip, is it just me, or is your side bar vibrating up and down? Maybe my Pc playing up :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours of your practice piece...I'm sure you can turn that into something, it looks too good for just 'practice'! Looks like you're getting the hang of all that stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! I love how the flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! You're doing very well! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)