Sunday, 28 July 2013
Slight direction change
After seeing the FMQ practise that I did yesterday, my friend Sheila suggested that I photocopy some of the fabric and do some drawing, perhaps using the circles in the fabric to make a rounder loop. So I photocopied the fabric and did a bit of doodling and I quite like the result, it makes a flatter finish than the flowers and loop pattern, and there is more definition. The photo below was taken after I pinned the sample to the design wall, as you can see my original flower and loop pattern on the right doesn't stand out as much.
In my breaks from FMQ practise I put together the next part of the Museum Medallion quilt, so now the inner circle is complete, and I can move on to cutting out the surround for the centre, add the striped borders, then start piecing the next border.