Yesterday I experimented with different threads but couldn't seem to find something that was right, I made quite a few samples so got a reasonable amount of practise in. I really like variegated threads but I think using them will highlight any "oopsies" that I make, so I've finally decided to go with a pale pink thread in the top and the bobbin.
I threaded up the machine again, then started having all sorts of problems with thread breakage and shredding, at first I thought it was the thread and then I discovered I had left the bobbin cover open, doh, (who knew that could affect it so much). Once the bobbin cover was closed everything came good, I stitched a little more and then decided to call it quits for the day.
This morning, I stitched this small sample up using Invisafil Decobob for the top thread and Superior Bottomline in the bobbin, I'm quite happy with how it is coming out, and it is looking ok on the back (bottom photo) as well. I've decided to use a loop and flower combination, I seem to be able to stitch it fairly easily, now I just need consistency and practise with the starting so I don't get a long stitch.
I'm finding that my reading glasses work better for doing this sort of stitching, and it takes a lot of concentration, I can't let my mind start to wander off as then my stitching starts to wander as well.