Tuesday, 2 April 2013

A marathon effort

Late this afternoon I finished the sashing on my Flower Garden quilt,  I was a little too optimistic thinking that it would be finished by Monday night.  Putting the sashing on was not easy, I had made all the sashing months ago, not that it mattered as I had to alter the sashing to fit each block (different widths varying between 10" to 10 3/4") and then stitch them on, the horizontal sashing was the easy part.

cutting table aftermath


The vertical lengths of sashing took me a very  long time as once again I had to construct each length, making sure that everything fitted nicely and that at each intersection the blocks matched as well.


It is all finished now, there are a couple of minor discrepancies which I will fix up later this week.  I'm really happy with how the quilt is looking so far and this quilt will be my major focus for the rest of the year.

17 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning quilt, the sashing is even a work of art in itself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gobsmacked , truely in awe of you Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny, you may bow down in front of me :) just kidding

      Delete
  3. It looks just wonderful Pip, you must be entirely thrilled!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pip, you have done an amazing job of this, considering your earlier problems, to get everything to align so well. Not an easy job to work backwards from each intersection. Can't wait to see it in person

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks great - really colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.M.Gosh, this turned out incredibly beautiful Pip!
    Congratulations on an amazing finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never thought to do the sashing like that, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely Gorgeous Quilt !!!!! Your sashing is just perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must be thrilled with the way the sashing turned out... it's stunning! Worth every minute you spent... congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! And the joyful and bright colours make me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning, so beautiful. You must be thrilled. Are you going to hand quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks sensational. Cant believe you had "issues" with the sashing...I didnt realise it may not go together like clockwork. It certainly looks sparkling with such an array of brightness and perfect, after all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh this is just the inspiration for me to get more of my blocks done! my goal is to focus on this quilt and finish the blocks this summer.
    not sure I will do the borders like she did in the pattern but something similar!
    your quilt is going to be beautiful!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)