Sunday, 10 March 2013

On the outer

circle that is.  I spent part of yesterday and today selecting fabrics, cutting out and marking each piece.  It seemed to take forever.  I've used a mixture of civil war reproduction, some 30's reproduction and modern fabric lines, and I will be able to use the scraps for another border as well


It hasn't been sewn together yet, which is why there is that big white circle between the centre medallion and the outer circle. I need to number each piece now so I can keep them in order and then I shall start stitching them together, fingers crossed that it will all fit together nicely, I'm sure it will.

12 comments:

  1. Oooh Pip, I love it. Your colours are gorgeous and that white around the star is fabulous too. Wonderful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very vibrant. Your choices always go together so well. It looks tricky, however...all those bias seams :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant, This one is going to be another beauty..i sure if you hold your tongue just right it will all fit perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this pattern, so colorful - you will love it I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how this is turning out! You pick such awesome fabric pairings that lend to the beauty of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW ! Just gorgeous ! A piece of art

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Pip, I'm loving this....just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely block Pip, and your colours work so well. Look forward to seeing the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great, I love the colours. I can imagine it would have taken a while to piece all that together. Hope your mister is doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking beautiful, love your colours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)