Monday, 4 March 2013

Inspiration and creativity or just a mess???

Part of me thinks that it is part of the process to have all the Kaffe fabric strewn all over the floor, after all, how else can you see that certain piece of fabric that you just know is lurking there.  The other part of me thinks "what a mess, I'd better get that tidied up"


This afternoon I had to put it all away as I needed the room to get Uzbek Patches ready for quilting. Once I had made the quilt sandwich, I couldn't help myself, I just had to start a couple of lines to see how it would look.  So far so good, but there is a lot of quilting to go, I have three needles threaded up, so for the moment I will carry on and finish these three lines and then go from there.


6 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/3/13 19:37

    Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people
    you really understand what you're speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also talk over with my site =). We will have a hyperlink alternate arrangement between us

    Feel free to surf to my web page; beitragsgrenzen krankenversicherung

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally Pip, spread it all out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yes... ....that is already looking perfect.

    Oh mess?...there are degrees of "mess" ....Yours is a Creation Zone of Prettiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, the only way to find the right piece of fabric is to have it all spread out over the floor! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats the thing with the "Flower Garden", every element needs to have all of the fabrics in the stash auditioned. :-) Hope you found what you were looking for,

    Loving where you are headed with Uzbek patches,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your method!
    With Kaffe prints you really DO need to spread them out at times. Finding the perfect pattern/color/fabric can be like a treasure hunt.

    The hand quilting is so beautiful already on your wonderful Uzbek quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)