Friday, 15 March 2013

Damn Google

This  Yesterday morning when I clicked on the icon for my Google Reader feed, a little window popped up and advised me that Google would be retiring on 1 July 2013,   NOT HAPPY JAN

My Reader is the ONLY way that I keep up to date with all the blogs I read daily, before I used the Reader I used to click on each bookmark daily to see if a favourite blog had been updated (very tedious as I have 100 plus blogs on my reading list).

If you use Google Reader then you might like to ready this post by Alyce at And Sew We Craft  - in the meantime I am going to give Feedly a trial and I will also be signing the petition here.

6 comments:

  1. I need to find something also - like you years ago I had each blog bookmarked and then I found google reader and have all of my blogs (100+) that I read on that for updates - I didn't know there was a petition - heading over there now

    ReplyDelete
  2. a B###2@@%%$$ Y nuisance. for sure. Feedly seems OK but not as "obvious" to use. It does have some nice features though.. well worth a play

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use a feeder (is that the right word?) but it was discontinued so I figured I wouldn't bother with another. I use my blog roll on my blog. All the new posts come to the top of the roll and I read them down the list. So much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Feedly yesterday but alas gave up as was not being nice to me so am using Bloglovin and have transferred all my blogs there

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to find a replacement for Google reader too as i use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to read blogs first thing in the morning, and sometime during the evening. So I use the blogger dashboard, where all posts come up as they are posted. Blog lovin', from what I can tell, only sends an email daily, and then some of them are nearly 24 hours old! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)