Sunday, 3 February 2013

I've had one of those weekends where it was hard to find a decent block of time to settle down and get something done.  In the end I settled for making a row of Uzbek Patches and doing a few other bits and pieces that I could do in between doing the other more mundane things.


I selected fabrics and cut out the next round of the Museum Medallion, I still have to mark some of them, I might do that tonight, then again I might not :)


I had all these strips left over from the Soul Searching quilt and I have been seeing different versions of Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Trip around the World popping up all over the place, so I thought I would make use of my strips in something similar.  My strips are 12 1/2 inches long (a bit shorter than the ones in the tutorial) so my finished squares end up smaller, I haven't been too selective with the colours just pulling out light and dark strips, I suspect that there isn't enough dark to provide a decent contrast.


In this photo, I have the lighter squares through the middle of each block, I originally had the dark squares through the middle, but didn't like the effect, but looking at this photo, I'm not sure if I like it this way either.  However, I will make a few more blocks, so I can have a play around with the layouts.  It doesn't take very long to unpick a row especially by this method here which works very well on straight seams.


11 comments:

  1. All very pretty Pip! I have been tempted by all the scrappy trip around the world quilts I have seen too. I've managed to resist so far, but I think I'm weakening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really like the top block pip.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. That medallion is crazy... but you can do it! Looking forward to seeing the finished block!

    Love all the scrappy blocks... and you are tempting me to yet another quilt... *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. love where you are going with the medallion.. and i just knew you would be tempted by the scrappy trip around the world. I think the trick with the really scrappy ones is "don't over think it". Be keen to see how far you take it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I learned something today. I had never heard of "Uzbek Patches". How very interesting!

    I'm off to google them now :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that first block you show - had not seen this one

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous block. The scrappy trip is a good use of all those leftover strips isnt it. Hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pip, just checking in to see how you are in 2013... and here we see some very beautiful projects! It is always fun to see what you are creating. Best wishes from Marina & Daryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. ha ha . . .you couldnt keep away from the Scrappy Trip around the World! Like lemmings over a cliff I will be there too......
    Love that Museum Medallion with all the dots and spots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So you've given in to a scrappy trip!! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)