Friday, 8 February 2013

Goodbye Ruby, and Hi Ho Silver


Yesterday we picked up my new sewing machine - a Bernina 750 QE, I traded in Ruby (Janome Horizon) and after a comprehensive run through of the new machine,  left the shop feeling confident that I could start playing around with the new machine.  Never having owned a Bernina, I have a fairly steep learning curve ahead of me, for the moment though, I will concentrate on learning the basics like: threading the needle, winding and loading the bobbin and finding my way around the machine.




I had thought that Silver would fit in my current sewing table, sadly that is not the case so we also needed a new table. Today I have had a little play and have successfully threaded the machine, wound a bobbin and loaded it and actually stitched two pieces of fabric together. I then tested out the 1/4" foot and stitched together some of the blocks for Uzbek Patches, fingers crossed that I will have all the blocks together after this weekend.


12 comments:

  1. What a lovely new machine..you'll have lots of fun times sewing on it I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope you make friends quickly and are soon "back up to speed "with all of your projects. Nothing like a new machine to get you inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a gorgeous new machine. Have a lovely time learning to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love Silver in no time - have fun, she purrs like a kitten.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo... what a beauty! Silver does look "challenging" to learn but I know you'll be up and running in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new sewing machine! She looks beautiful and I'm sure will sew just as lovely for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. have fun with your new machine - I would dread having to learn a new machine - I like being able to just sit and sew.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new Bernina ! What fun you will have :-D One day I dream of owning a Bernina too, I have heard so many quilters say how they Love their Bernina !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun times ahead! Cant wait to see the magic you create with a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...Bernina! Can't wait to see what you do with this! Hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo hoo! Enjoy your new machine! Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your new machine! I have a 780 on order (my first new machine in 40 years!) I've never owned a Bernina either, so any insights you have into yours will be greatly appreciated by me! I hope you and Silver have a great relationship!

    ReplyDelete