Thursday, 3 January 2013

The List 2013

Early in December Meredithe posted about A working list with the idea being that we could pick 10 projects for the year and each month give a bit of a running commentary on how they are progressing (or not, as the case may be)


after much thought, here are my 10 projects for the year:
  1. Flower Garden quilt
  2. Dear Jane - Kind of Blue - finish the quilting, then the binding
  3. Civil War Sampler quilt - finish the quilting, then the binding (sounding like a stuck record here)
  4. Grandmother's Choice BOW (at this time I am four blocks behind on this)
  5.  Pheasantville
  6. Uzbek Patches
  7.  Museum Medallion
  8.  Frame Medallion quilt
  9.  Sue Spargo quilt
  10. ??????



Of course I will be invoking the usual conditions:

I can start, finish or work on other projects,  the main thing is to make at least some progress on the projects which are on The List 2013.

I did have intentions of trying to use only fabrics from my stash * this year, but I don't think I can actually make myself do this, maybe next year (or maybe not) however I will be trying to use more fabrics from my stash. 

* I think it would be easier if I had more yardage instead of fat quarters and eighths in the stash, it gives more options when making borders.

10 comments:

  1. Great plan!

    I think the use the stash thing only is hard for the same reasons you mentioned. I usually am stuck for borders and backings. I often think, "well I could piece a backing", but that puts the finish further away. So off I trot to the fabric store. I often feel that even if I use fabric mostly from my stash it needs a little something extra to make it work better. Last year saw me buying metres of solids, most of which are used up now. I am going to try to limit what I buy a little more this year so that I will use more of the stash. And I want to finish off things I have that are half done.

    Thanks for this post Pip. It has really made me think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impressive list, lots to keep you motivated and stimulated. J love the combination for Pheasantville and the Uzbek patches is going to be a beauty. I think i will find the list i wrote 2 years ago and see what progress i have made on it before i spend time writing another

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes me too.Although I am not as productive as you Pip, I never seem to have the right colour/length for the borders and backing.
    I am very intrigued by your list an look forward very much to following the progress of these projects!
    You have inspired me to make a list and bring out the UFO's so that I work on everything- if just a little each month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your goals for 2013. Using stash is always a good plan, but I never feel bad about getting fabric if I need it to finish a quilt. I know some people stash lots of yardage and have no problem making an entire quilt. Like you, I stash short cuts, always enough to start a quilt but not usually enough to finish one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of projects! I need to do this myself... a list is a good thing.

    I don't want to think of how many GC blocks I'm behind... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great list, looking forward to hearing your updates. I wish I could pick only 10... I am up to at least 59 ufos...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list. Enjoyed reading this post. Inspired me, not only with projects to finish but to be diligent in what I buy this year in way of fq's and meterage of materials.Look forward to following your projects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your list. I am hopeless with being so organised.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this list! So looking forward to your progress reports. I can't be doing with only using stash fabric - I'm too much of a fabric-aholic to even Attempt that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the best with your list of projects. I've no doubt you will get through them. Looking forward to seeing your progress along the way.

    ReplyDelete