Saturday, 26 January 2013

Hiatus

 
 - a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc

well, that was a long one, wasn't it?  Since I last posted, I have been enjoying spending time with my sister, Jenny who has been visiting with us since Christmas.  The last few weeks have been very relaxing for me and I made a conscious effort to stay away from the internet, in fact this is the first time I've turned my laptop on since my last blog post.  I've done a bit of reading, a reasonable amount of quilting, tried out a few new recipes and done a lot of walking.
 

our Christmas dessert - Raspberry Nougat Frozen Parfait
this was really simple to make and even easier to eat.


some Cranberry and Chocolate Biscotti (recipe here)
I substituted Kahlua for the Frangelico


and Pasticcini di mandorle (little, soft almond biscuits)

 Jenny and I fell in in love with these biscuits after having them in a cafe when we were out one day. Once we arrived home, we found a recipe (see here) and made a half batch which yielded 15 biscuits, I think next time I will add some almond essence for a more intense almond taste.


Late last year I entered a giveaway on Monica's blog and lucky me, won this pillow cover, Monica asked me what colours I would like, of course I said blue and this is the result.  Isn't it beautiful?

 
 Monica also popped these cute magnets and key fob in the parcel as well,  the magnets are currently residing near my laptop.  Now I did say that I had been working on some quilting but it's getting a bit late so here is a photo instead.




8 comments:

  1. well hello again. Glad you have had a good rest and yet not , been idle. That pillow is perfect for you, lucky girl. Pheasantville is looking good, did you try any of the cogwheels yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back Pip!
    I love the look of those goodies, the nougat parfait made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely time with your sister. The goodies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha ... walking . . . AND . . . using the walking foot. Multi tasking . . well done.
    I love your French General(?) Star Block on your header. Here's to a fruitful February. Glad to know you hadn't melted and disappeared in the heat. . . and how wonderful to find a recipe that doesnt include Butter... it must be a healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must try your recipes. Love the cushion. Beautiful fabric.Great you had a good time with your sister. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pip!

    Happy to hear you had a lovely visit with your Sister!

    I've missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you have been having a fun time..good company and some yummy looking baking to tempt us..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back - missed you! Glad you've had such a lovely break. Delicious looking treats!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)