Monday, 3 December 2012

I'm still keeping current with the Grandmother's Choice BOW - the block for this week is called Bride's Knot, and didn't take too long to make.  We have now made two sevenths* of the blocks for this quilt and I have started sashing my blocks in preparation for joining them.


#14 - Bride's Knot
this block has many different names -
 Churn Dash and Monkey Wrench being the most well known
Pioneer Patch and True Lover's Knot are 
possibly not so well known

* There are 49 blocks in this BOW, and I have decided to use the quilt layout that Barbara Brackman has
suggested here although I may do something different for the border layout, we'll see what happens once the blocks are finished.

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful block!! I too sew these BOWs, it's a little bit exiting every saturday.... This weeks block is an easy one!! And over here we made a blog about this where several sewers can show their blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful block Pip!
    This is going to be a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)