Monday, 31 December 2012

Here in Australia,

it's almost the end of 2012,  I came across this quote earlier today:

He who breaks a resolution is a weakling;
He who makes one is a fool.

F.M. Knowles

so I will just be getting on with what I want to do and what makes me happy.

I finished the Soul Searching quilt a couple of days ago (quilted and bound), but the sun is shining too brightly outside to take a decent photo, so this photo of it folded up will have to suffice for now.


I also ran up a quick cushion cover, in my favourite blues of course, there wasn't too much work in it as the fabric was bought already pieced, so all I had to do was sew the seams, and stuff it with a cushion insert, it works nicely with the Stringy quilt.


My workroom organisation has been going quite well, it's been a long time since I've been able to have a totally clear cutting table, hopefully it will stay that way for some time.


I was going to have larger (taller) storage cubes but in the end I decided that in view of my advancing age it was more important to have furniture that was easy for me to move around without assistance, and I like having everything at more or less the same level.

Now I feel ready to start some awesome quilts next year, note that I am saying start there are no promises to finish them :)



8 comments:

  1. I did smile at your last sentence. One of my good friends has an email address of "quiltstarter" LOL

    Happy New Year Pip, I look forward to seeing all the wonderful things you make in 2013 (whether they get finished or not!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Pip......your work area looks tidy and ready to start something! Happy starting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sewing room looks SO organized ! You are all ready for 2013 now :-D

    AS always look forward to seeing more of your quilt projects !

    HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the quilt when it's not so sunny outside. Your work room looks very organised and all ready for you to start some more quilts in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Pip!!

    Your workroom looks very neat.

    Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to seeing the finished quilt when the weather is right for a photo. Such a clean sewing room and such good furniture. I am iving my room a spring clean at the moment. So much dust behind the furniture.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Pip and I'm looking forward to seeing all your "starts"! Love your blue quilts and cushion!
    lv,
    Joy xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)