Wednesday, 5 December 2012

A good feeling

Yesterday I sashed all fourteen of the Grandmother's Choice blocks that I have made.  It didn't take me too long and I am quite happy with how the whole thing is looking.  While I was at it, I cut a whole lot of sashing strips and corner stones, and I will stitch five more long rows of sashing and cornerstone strips together sometime this weekend.


From now on I intend to sash each block as it is finished, then join them together as I go along. It's such a good feeling to feel in control of this project, as I felt I had lost my way a bit when I didn't keep up each week.  I had better start thinking about how to use the border fabric now :)

9 comments:

  1. when I made sampler quilt blocks (Dear Jane) I always found it easier to make progress stitching a row together at a time too - you can see your progress then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely...and I haven't even started block one yet. I have the fabric, just not the get up and go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look even prettier all sashed together! This will be such a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo hoo! Looking good. Great progress! Good idea to sash each block as you go - saves so much time at the putting together stage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhh wow....this will be beautiful...I love the greys..

    ReplyDelete
  6. this one is going to be a stunner.. couldn't believe how beautiful, in a cool sophisticated way, it was, when i saw it yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be a wonderful quilt. These blocks look great all sewn together

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colour choices for this, and this part looks beautiful. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)