Thursday, 29 November 2012

Today's weather forecast

is a bit of a sizzler - 40C (104F) it was already 20C (68F) when we went for our walk early this morning.  I'm planning on a quiet day inside keeping cool(ish), doing a little bit of applique, and making sure to drink a lot of water.

Yesterday I ransacked the Kaffe stash, you wouldn't think that two weeks ago this was a neatly folded pile of fabrics, look at it now.  It does make me wonder how I manage to find the fabric I want, but with the Kaffe fabrics sometimes you need to open them out in the search for that certain piece of the print that you just know will be right for the flower or the leaf.  Never mind, a little time spent folding today will make it all better (until the next time),


and this is the reason for the mess,  I started putting a Flower Garden block together,  it all looks very blobby at the moment but rest assured it will be transformed into a lovely block eventually.  I was looking at the Flower Garden pattern yesterday and realised that there are just seven blocks left to make (and the borders too)  I might have to challenge myself and see if I can get the blocks completed before the new year.



8 comments:

  1. just love that new "stripe"wish it had been out when i did mine.. can't wait to see how it plays with the others. I think i am just going to read a book to avoid the heat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to that weather after getting through our extra hot summer this year - 104 was the norm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horses sweat, Men perspire and Ladies "glow" . . . . Well I was glowing a lot, all over my fabric yesterday :(

    7 blocks : 4 weeks ....you can do it Pip! and I am coming over to check! Ye hah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot, hot, hot... good idea to stay inside and play with fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its hot here too! Just hit 40C in our backyard.
    Think I will get out my Kaffe fabrics too! :) Looking forward to see your new Flower Garden block. Looove the bottom left fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew! Hot here too. It's not often that it's hotter here than Adelaide, but we hit 39.3 and you guys hit 38. Of course, that's only because you had the cool change hit. We are still waiting for that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a comfortable day inside while working on that applique' block! Looks like another beauty in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge to set yourself. If the weather cools it will be do-able!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)