Monday, 5 November 2012

Mellow yellow

Made up the first block from the Soul Searching workshop this afternoon,  I'm pleased with how the yellows have worked out, it does look better in real life, I had to use the flash as we are about to experience a thunderstorm and the light isn't very good anywhere in the house.



This is a huge 24" block and just looking at it the photo now I can see that I need to pay more attention to how I stitch the strips together.  Instead of stitching them from the same end each time, I need to alternate ends which should stop the slight curve that you can see at the bottom right hand corner occurring again. 

6 comments:

  1. looks great Pip, and after today i have a greater appreciation of the thought that goes into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very interesting block and I love your color choices. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not surprised you jumped straight into construction . . . No need to focus on the curve when these gorgeous colours beckon!
    From Provence to Kaffe to Aboriginals . . what an eclectic collection.
    Cant wait to see the whole result Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's pretty! I'd forgotten how i love yellow and black and white together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great block Pip!
    I look forward to seeing how this all turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)