Sunday, 4 November 2012

It's over

I feel drained after an intense couple of days but I wouldn't have missed this workshop for anything, I enjoyed myself very much and learnt a lot more about colour choices and selecting fabric.


 a corner of the classroom, we all seemed to make quite a mess with our fabric strips


my corner of the classroom, I had just finished my green block, and as I didn't have a lot of 
green fabric, it appears quite tidy


this is a slightly different way of using colours for the blocks, 
a single fabric is featured in alternate block pieces on the coloured blocks


Kathy's kantha quilt skirt, I was quite taken by it,
 I thought they would be quite thick but in reality then fabric is reasonably light 
but with a bit of body,  they feel lovely and soft. (I want one now)

a bit more about the kantha quilts here

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear all about it, and see the blocks. Its a really interesting quilt. I just wish i was able to go too, pity the social calendar decided to kick in this weekend. I am sure i will enjoy the template technique workshops just as much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pip, what a wonderful workshop this must have been. I love the pattern. Do you know where one can buy this pattern? Maybe it is in a book???
    Looking forward seeing your top grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky girl, doing a class with Kathy. I'm hoping she'll come to our Symposium in Taupo 2013 and maybe I'll get to do a class. I love the DVD she did with Quilters Companion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting about the weekend Pip. I love living vicariously through you! I was so keen to go the minute I saw the class on the Hettie's blog, but just couldn't get there. Thanks for the peek!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)