Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Fabric love

Earlier in the year I subscribed to the Material Obsession fabric club, a monthly mailout with five, width of fabric strips from the contemporary designer ranges in the shop.  I thought it would be a good way to increase my stash with fabrics that I wouldn't normally select (as it turns out I would have picked some of them for myself)




This month's offering is another great one, I don't know where I will be using these fabrics just yet, although I can see some fussy cutting happening with the "stripe" on the end, for the moment though I'm leaving them out so I can admire them.

Fabrics from left to right:

Kaffe, unknown, Kaffe, Robert Kaufman - Kona Modern quilts???, Velocity by Jessica Hogarth - Crooked in Jewel

6 comments:

  1. I agree with you Pip, it's fun to step out of your usual taste and receive some fabrics you might have passed over.
    I am keen to see what you do with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I'd love to receive anything from that shop!

    I belong to a quilt shop's Kaffe club here in the states. Every month I receive five half yard cuts. Its like Christmas every time I open a package.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure little miss OCD (me) could handle having fabric sent that I didn't choose, which probably means I really should do something like that to broaden my palette and outlook!
    Great Fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. A post everyday. Your blog is full of lovely surprises and creativity.
    That middle swatch looks intriguing. Purple yellow and green... will we see it in G's C ??

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea! I am doing a moda bella solids club with QFD to build up my solids stash. Might give this club a go too. How great to have fabrics that you haven't had to go out to get. Fabric shops just seem to be closing up here. Still haven't found one I love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such good taste Pip!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)