Friday, 2 November 2012

Can you see my halo?

As of today I am all caught up with my Grandmother's Choice BOW blocks, except for the very minor detail of needing to make my #1 block again.  After I had made it 8" finished, I decided that I would make all my blocks 6" finished hence the need for a remake.


#7 - Alice's Flag
pieced and applique
 

#6 - Aunt Eliza's Star
paper pieced
 

 #9 - Brick Pavement
paper pieced
the gray floral background is the one that I mentioned in this post


#8 - Rocky Road to Kansas
mainly paper pieced
I managed to use a few scraps up on this block

I think that is the first row of the quilt completed, time to start thinking about the sashing and cornerstones.  I have also been busy with my Flower Garden quilt blocks, you can see them over here.


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks. I wish I could say I had that many done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a shiny halo you have there! (And well deserved)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful Pip, as is your halo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such crisp piecing : Wow! Very productive Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so beautiful Pip!
    You are making awesome progress on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely blocks Pip. Beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered what happened to you on GC! These look great in your new 6" size. That background fabric in your block 8 is the same one I used in every block for the Civil War BOW.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)