Saturday, 6 October 2012

Some mail

I belong to a Flickr group called Grandmother's Choice: women's rights where we post photos of our blocks that we make in the Grandmother's Choice block-of-the-week blog, after the first round Dorry commented on some fabric that I had used for my block, I knew I could get more so offered to send her some and in turn Dorry sent me some fabric which arrived yesterday.


A lovely white spot on grey, a grey floral and a dark with a subtle green and purple flower, two of these will definitely make their way into my Grandmother's Choice quilt.


I meant to take more photos while I was in New Zealand last weekend, but my visit flashed by so quickly there were few photos taken.  These orchids have quite tiny flowers, they make a lovely, bright patch of lavender in their pot on Mum and Dad's terrace.

7 comments:

  1. Blogger friends are just the best and so willing to share not only their talents but their stash. Lovely orchids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know the name of the orchid? I have the same one (I think) and am trying to ID it

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michele, I will check with my mother and post the answer below when/if she knows what the orchid is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great! Thank you so much. I have asked the people at Mahimahi cottage too, so I'll let you know if I find out through them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michele, my mother said that she got the orchid from her neighbour who said that the orchid is Dendrobium Kingianuum and it is an Australian native, hope that is helpful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you (and your mother) very much for your help and your very quick response. That is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)