Wednesday, 3 October 2012

I'm baaack ...

from my brief visit to New Zealand. This was the view out of the plane window as we started the descent into Auckland, a little further on we flew through a rain shower, but by the time it landed the weather was nice once again. 


 I had a blogger meet up with Sue, who is making both the Flower Garden and Nearly Insane quilts,  we met up for coffee, then we visited Patchwork Passion in Onehunga, a lovely shop with some great fabrics,



they had a very large range of Japanese Taupes, both woven and printed, although I didn't buy any (this time) I did buy some Oakshott cottons (seen above) and a couple of small bits of wool.  Sue gave me the cute purse, which is for putting all those accumulated loyalty cards in, a great way to keep track of them all.


A couple of days later I was back at the airport, where I spent plenty of time waiting as both my flights were delayed, lucky for me I had my Flower Garden blocks to work on, although the light wasn't the best to stitch by so I also caught up on some reading.


I nearly forgot about the other fabrics I acquired; a couple of black and white prints, some purple reproductions and some green New Zealand prints which I will use in the Grandmother's Choice, also a rather nice book on Modern Quilting which I have yet to read.


7 comments:

  1. I love those NZ prints, especially the ferns, but what caught my eye was the blue with the diagonal patterns. I have a rather old pair of pillow cases in a very similar pattern. Someone gave them to me, to cut up and I decided to keep them. A few years later, I bought a patchwork printed throw from Ikea for my bed and these blue pillow cases match in with it really well.
    Looking forward to seeing inside your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a successful visit home. How fabulous that you could meet Sue, you look like "Old Friends". I can't wait to see/feel the Oakshott and the book looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fun time and nice to have made some purchases also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4/10/12 06:53

    Loving your choices for Sufferage quilt. You have inspired me to make similar choices. Thanks.
    Karen-Vancouver-USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely time you had Pip, and how wonderfully fun that you could meet up with Sue. She is just adorable! Looking forward to seeing how you use your fabrics.
    Have a great day hon
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh lucky you to purchase "Oakshott in the flesh" they look amazing. And the NZ prints will make your G's C so personal. Great bloggy news Pip and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, beautiful fabrics you added to your stash, Pip. (Thanks for voting!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)