Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Fanfare ....

here it is, my Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt is finished,  apart from a couple of trifling things like the label and stitching down the hanging sleeve, both of which I will complete next month.


here she is, in all her glory, hanging from the clothesline
(click on the photo to enlarge)


Today the cockatoo shared his seeds with a galah, the lorikeet below was also allowed to share but I couldn't get a decent photo of them all together.  Olive - this is the only reason they stay still enough for me to get photos, although the cockie is quite used to me clicking away now and I can get quite close to him.


10 comments:

  1. Bravo Pip. Love it all . . .a complete stunner ...cant pick a favourite block...the F'sW looks so special, all blocks combined together. Take a bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! beautifully planned and executed to the last stitch. Well done Pip. Can't wait to see our "wives" hanging together. What will we do next i wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Farmers Wife quilt is absolutely Gorgeous! Congrats on such an amazing finish! Love those beautiful birds - how lovely to be able to watch them in your yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your FW finish! Love the setting...

    And what gorgeous birds! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous FW quilt! Love the colours. I suggest you take a telephoto shot of the birds together on your best photo setting as Rainbow lorikeets are either over friendly or painfully shy in my experience. You can always crop a nice shot out of it later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is stunning Pip. Well done !
    Maybe I'm trying to take pictures of the wrong type of birds....instead of the insect eaters (eg. blue fairy wrens) I should try some of the parrot family (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done Pip.......it is so worth the effort.........

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is awesome! What an achievement! Love the birds too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)