Thursday, 6 September 2012

Border fabric

My border fabric for the Grandmother's Choice BOW arrived today from Craft Depot in New South Wales, $9.85 a metre and free shipping as well.   It is a modern fabric but I think it work well in this project, I haven't restricted myself to any particular style of fabric, just the colours.  I'm finding it very hard to get a decent photo of the fabrics I'm using in this quilt, the colours look a bit washed out on my monitor, you will just have to trust me that the fabrics look great :)

Sunshine and Shadows - Jane Sassaman


The grey fabric will be the sashing that I use throughout and I will either use the white with leaf print fabric for corner stones or something similar.  I was thinking of using a very thin strip of gold or yellow between the sashing and border but have decided against that for the moment.

Today has been the right sort of weather for quilting - windy and rainy, I finished quilting 8 FW blocks today so I'm officially over the halfway mark

7 comments:

  1. This is going to look amazing Pip. I like that big bold leaf print with the drama of black.
    (My teenage bedroom was purple and green..and I still have a fondness for this combo....and not easy to find in the shops :)
    Cant wait to see this progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice for your border... l-o-v-e LOVE it! It's gonna be a fantabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your color choices. They're going to make a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have trouble with photos showing up true color on my computer too. I find that it is very different on a lap top to a desk top monitor even. It sounds like you got a good deal on your fabric for your prices

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you can never go wrong with Jane Sassaman's fabrics - and your quilt is going to look fabulous with that choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is going to be amazing! I've enjoyed reading through your last few posts (Salley sent me!) and I love the leaves you did on the workshop...might have to get the felt out ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This border fabric is just gorgeous & perfect for this quilt ! Love It !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)