Sunday, 2 September 2012

A great start to Spring



 camellia bloom

It was a glorious spring day on Saturday when I went on a Spring Shop Hop with some members of the SA Quilters Guild, there were three shops on the itinerary with morning tea and lunch included.  First stop was Gawler where we had cake and coffee then dropped in to Kornacraft and spent about an hour there.  Many purchases were made, so we were off to a great start. 

Our next stop was Barossa Quilt and Craft Cottage  where we admired the quilts hanging in the gallery and then were treated to a lovely lunch before heading into the shop and making yet more purchases.

The Patchwork Apple

We piled back onto the bus and then headed off to The Patchwork Apple for our final stop of the day.  The drive through the Barossa Valley  and the Adelaide Hills was very pleasant with lovely scenery, everything was so green, it is hard to imagine that in a couple of months or so it will all be turning brown.


                   some of my fabric acquisitions

We arrived back in Adelaide just before 5 o'clock in the evening, tired but happy with our purchases, everyone scattered to their vehicles and went home.  I was very happy to get home and have a nanna nap, very tiring, all that shopping :)

#1 - Grandmother's Choice


This morning I was up early as I wanted to make the first block in the Grandmother's Choice BOW   and then do some quilting on my Farmer's Wife quilt.  Fabric choices were made and it didn't take too long before I had finished the block and could start quilting. I have quilted 39 blocks so far and hope to have finished all the quilting by the end of the month.

I'm trying to be very disciplined and not start anything else (apart from the Grandmother's Choice BOW that is) I need to finish quilting a couple of other quilts which have been waiting for some time, everytime I look at them I feel that little twinge of guilt that they are unfinished.

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely camellia! Is it yours? It reminds me of one I used to have before a bitter winter killed below the graft... it was called Pink Perfection and my favorite.

    Love your first GC block... stellar as always!

    Glad you have fun on your shop hop... wish stuff like that happened around here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'twas a glorious day yesterday, wished i had been there. an interesting assortment of fabrics in your purchases. I do like your block, great combination, haven't got further than printing the block, had a busy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks like you had a fun day - it is nice shopping with others who have the same goal - stashing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that beautiful picture of your Camellia blossom! Your first block - Grandmother's Choice is terrific! Really love your fabric choices for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a big day out! Hey, I love your header, especially cheeky Cody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great weather for a shopping trip! in fact it was great weather for anything! My sewing mojo has gone....probably on a shopping trip somewhere....will be nice if it finds its way home at some stage I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Cody got a guernsey on your great new header. Lovely purchases for your new quilt and the first block is fabulous!
    Does this mean the summer is going to be too hot (busy) to water your Flower Garden ??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, yes shopping is tiring! Love those fabrics and that BLOCK is sooo pretty! I know soon we'll see your farmer's wife quilt done - very exciting...!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my granny win, Pip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you are soooo disciplined Pip. I admire that in you! Your farmers wife is looking awesome. So far all I have done this week is start new projects!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)