Sunday, 5 August 2012

Running my own race

The past few days have seen me slowly piecing together the rows on my Farmer's Wife quilt.  Pictured below is the bottom right corner of the quilt.  The quilt top is getting to the size where it won't be possible to take a complete photo, I think that's a good thing because it means I'm progressing :)


There have been some issues with seams not matching up quite as well as they should, but nothing that a bit of unsewing can't fix.  Tomorrow I will be starting on the longer rows, with a bit of luck (and matching seams) I might be able to show off the bottom left hand corner soon,

14 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty. I love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely making progress... no worries! You'll be done sooner or later, I promise!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great so far getting the blocks put together always seems to take SO long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good progress I always tend to hate it when I get to the point of piecing long strips together.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. c'mon girl, you can do it you're nearly there. Those few long middle rows will be done in a wink of an eye. It will be so worth it , your fabric choices for each block have been wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making wonderful progress on this quilt! It's looking fabulous sewn together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it is just gorgeous Pip! I love the colors! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of work but sooo worth the effort, Pip! Wow, is it going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are making wonderful progress !

    Y will have a family heirloom when you are done !

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! Looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. In my family we call unsewing "reverse stitching". The term can apply equally to quilting (Mum) and knitting (me).

    This quilt top is already looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is sensational! Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11/8/12 18:28

    you ok james if you are still in need of them here is there web address
    and details, there very helpfull ,tell them l binaford put you on

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)