Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Back to earth

It has taken me a week or so to come back down to earth after the Sue Spargo workshop last week.  Although I had planned to start working on my Farmers Wife quilt on Saturday, I felt it was better for me to continue on with some of the work I had started at the workshop otherwise it would all be lost in the dark recesses of my mind.


 Sue has a very relaxed style of teaching and gives you the freedom to experiment with the stitches, perfection is not required in fact a little wonkiness gives your work the hand made look, after all if you wanted perfection you might as well do the embroidery on your machine.


I was quite envious of the people who were doing the Circles sampler, mainly because the circles were half the size of the leaves, which meant they didn't take very long to stitch around unlike the leaves which seemed to take ages :(


sometimes it was difficult to know when to stop adding embellishments


I have also made a start on my Red Clover wall hanging, still have a bit more to go on the bird before I am happy with it, I'm finding that it is nice to do this while the Olympics are on.


8 comments:

  1. Have been waiting for your visual candy with baited breath, and you didn't disappoint. Fabulous embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have been waiting to see what you had been up to, It looks like you have been having "sew" much fun. I think when it is done you will be glad you have chosen the leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to get the chance to do a class with such a great Tutor. Looks like you had a lot of fun. Love those leaves. Look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that must have been a wonderful workshop to go to. Is that felt/wool you are working with - it looks like it - what will you make with all those pieces I wonder.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... how lovely! What fun the workshop must have been! Good idea to continue while you are still on that high from it! Great work...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pip - your stitching designs are beautiful! What a great workshop that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great class! Hope you are getting much stitching done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)