Monday, 2 July 2012

Just a few gaps now.

This morning I laid all my blocks out in order, usually when I do this sort of thing, I have a feline supervisor who usually does his best to lie on top of the blocks, this morning however, Cody contented himself with watching from afar except for one fast run through/over the blocks which didn't disturb any of them :)

It's hard to photograph like this, I had to stand on a stool on my tiptoes to take this photo.


Made two more blocks today, this one, Flower Pot, had some rather weird shapes, so I cut some of them oversize and trimmed them back, seemed to work quite well.


 #37 - Flower Pot


#34 - Flock

I made two of this block, the first one (on the right) shows that my fabric selection wasn't quite right, I thought that if I used the pieces with more white than blue it would work, but as you can see it didn't, so there was nothing for it but to make another block and you can see the difference it made when they are side by side.

10 comments:

  1. Quilting is a dangerous hobby! The quilt blocks so far are looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corners very quickly meeting in the middle! Such a gorgeous effect / all on the diagonal. The greens are surprisingly refreshing . . you have made great colour balance choices Pip. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent progress. It looks like the blocks are going to be done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a really good balance of colour, I can't see any areas of over concentration. Won't be long now and the gaps will fill and the end will be in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had to do that many times - standing on top of a stool or chair so I can get a photo, too bad we can't all have a design wall something like 12 feet by 12 feet - without sewed together they just take up a lot of room - even when sewed it takes up room to take a photo.
    Karem

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting seeing "the finish" so close! It's going to be a fab quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving your FW blocks, Pip! Maybe some day I'll pick up where I left off, or maybe not! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making such great progress. Just love ALL of the blocks ! You have me wanting to pull out my ' A BREATH OF AVIGNON " fabric and start make something

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is looking fantastic..love the way the colours are coming together in the photo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great. You're certainly making progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)