Thursday, 5 July 2012

Final countdown

I started making the Railroad block yesterday afternoon but completely messed it up as I hadn't mirrored the block and the lines in the fabric were all over the place,   I started over today and had a much better result.  My fabric selection for Prairie Queen could have been a bit better, I think the blue overwhelms the red a little bit, although once the blocks are sashed it probably won't be noticed.  Getting closer to completion now as I have 13 blocks left to make, fingers crossed they may all be finished by Sunday night :)



 #72 - Railroad


# 70 - Prairie Queen


#60 - Noon and Light

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Pip. If you keep your nose to the grindstone we could be basting a top next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work..the red and blue look great together in Noon and Light

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 13 blocks left to go? Wow... that IS exciting!

    Great blocks... I ran into that "lines going in all directions" thing during the CW BOW... amazing how something like that impacts how a finished block looks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks all look lovely. I know what you mean about striped type fabric. Without care they can make a block very confusing. You doing a wonderful job and your quilt is going to be just great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)