Tuesday, 24 July 2012

and then there were none

At last, I've finished all the blocks for my Farmer's Wife quilt, including one makeover block.  I plan to start putting them together this weekend.


I've also been whip stitching these leaves (the Mister says they look like teardrops to him) down in preparation for the three day Sue Spargo workshop which starts tomorrow.  I feel for the people who chose the Circles sampler, they have 96 circles to stitch down, I had 56 leaves which seemed to take forever and I still have a few to go.  I don't have a lot of wool thread (I used Aurifil Lana) so I used DMC Stranded cotton (1 strand) for the majority of my leaves, I thought it worked well and as I already have a lot of DMC cottons, it saved me the expense of buying more thread.


My computer woes appear to be over (fingers crossed), or at least I have consistent internet access, we changed a couple of cables around, which apparently have nothing to do with internet access, but it works and I am not complaining :)

7 comments:

  1. Well done on completing your FW blocks, can't wait to see them all together.
    Enjoy your workshop, i know how you have been looking forward to it. I just love that leaf sampler and am sure you will embellish it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phew... Thought you had gone on holiday!

    Have a great time at the workshop... so many glorious leaves to embellish. Lovely colours... clever PIp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on having all your FW blocks finished! It will be fun to see them all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your farmers blocks and sue spargo result. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAHHH! Congrats on finishing your FW blocks ! Can't wait to see them all sewn together !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on getting all the blocks together Pip, I know what a great feeling it is. Can't wait to see your top together, I know it won't take you long!
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. have a good workshop and I bet you are so glad to have all the FW's blocks done - I look forward to seeing your finished quilt top.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)