Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Progress ???

I've just finished pressing  today's block and then as usual I checked the size, it's six inches unfinished which means it is TOO SMALL **%#@++#@***  (I must have printed out the wrong size)


#18 Century of Progress

I hand pieced this block as there were a lot of Y seams, it's rather a strange looking block as it appears to me that red fabric at the bottom should really be blue, I followed the colour placement from the FW book and the colour placement in my Block Base software shows the same configuration so it must be a quirk of the block.  Tomorrow is another day, thank goodness.


7 comments:

  1. OMG! Now you have to make it again. The colour placement of that block is just wrong, what were they thinking when they designed that one? Weird? I think you should place the colours where you want this time, a reward for having to make it one more time Pip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. expletive, expletive!. Add a frame and make a nice mug rug, I thought the same when i did that block, but it works in the quilt just fine

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frustrating! I remember questioning the color placement on this one as well, but it looks good. (even if it is too small)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote with Lisa! Since you have to make another one, put the fabrics where they look good to you... no one is going to take the FW book to your completed quilt to check whether you made each block EXACTLY like it is in the book...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was a strange block also, couldn't figure out what the design was supposed to be but in the end I used it as it was. If to do over again I would have changed the colors. In the quilt though with so many other blocks it doesn't really stand out that much.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This block is too pretty to toss! I think you should keep it and sew it onto the back of your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh darn! Such a lovely block too, though like others, I find the fabric placement "different". I did the same thing with a couple of my Dear Jane blocks, too small or too big, and had to repeat them. You have made good progress by the look of the chart in your previous post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)