Tuesday, 5 June 2012

A finish

I finished this quilt for Aussie Hero Quilts last week.  I am over the moon with how it has turned out, the quilting was all straight line quilting so it was fairly straightforward.  These quilts aren't all that wide (between 42"-44" ) or long (66" - 72") so they really don't take very long to make or quilt. 


Some of the blocks I made were part of the BOM for May which Jan-Maree puts up at the beginning of each month, they were 9" finished, I made some other blocks (the plain red cross) to space them out and then I added borders to make it a bit wider and longer.


If you are interested in contributing to Aussie Hero Quilts, take a look at the How to Help page, you don't have to make a quilt, you could make a Laundry Bag or a couple of blocks from the BOM and send them to Jan-Maree.  It's all about the people -  not the politics or the mission and while I never served on an operational mission, I do know that getting mail from people back home really does make a difference to life in the field.

6 comments:

  1. looks great Pip, so generous of you to donate to the Aussie Hero's, this pic hardly does it justice, a really strong design and the blues and red play well against the grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a beautiful quilt!
    I love the colors/fabrics and the pattern you created. Such a wonderful cause too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt, beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed my trip to Aussie Hero Quilts Blog thankyou Pip.
    Your Quilt is just the best. It will gladden its recipient I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. So nice to see someone take the BOM I put out and make a whole quilt. It will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so good. Love how you have put it together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)