Monday, 18 June 2012

The crop was good

It was a good piecing day today as I finished four blocks, two of the blocks are extras as my quilt will be sllightly wider than the original FW quilt which is 83" x 103".  In keeping with the Farmer's Wife theme my extra blocks are - The Milkmaid's Star and a variation of Hole in the Barn Door, both of which I found in the Block Base software.

#11 Broken Dishes


#85 Square Dance


The Milkmaid's Star (Block Base #1257)
I think this block would actually be better hand pieced, thereby losing all the extra seams.


Hole in the Barn Door (Block Base #2119)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blocks... just lovely! I particularly like the fabric combo in your Broken Dishes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ! Just love these blocks ! You are really making good progress :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabrics you have chosen Pip. That Broken Dishes block looks lovely. Isn't it a nice block?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I'll try and reply in a timely manner, usually by email, if you are a no-reply commenter then I will reply directly to your comment which means you will have to come back to see it :)